- 2 eggs
- 300g of flour
- 160g of sugar
- 140g of powdered almonds
- 40g of butter
- 20cl of milk
- 1 sachet of yeast
- 1 jar of Speculoos spread
- Before starting place the jar of Speculoos spread in the fridge so it’s quite hard when it comes time to use it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (gas mark 4).
- In a salad bowl mix the flour, almonds, yeast and sugar. Mix well.
- In a separate salad bowl mix the eggs, milk and melted butter. Mix well.
- Add the first mix to the egg, milk and butter mix. Stir well but without working the batter you’re making too much.
- Butter up and flour a muffin mould.
- Fill each mould with a quarter of the batter you’ve just made followed by a teaspoon of the somewhat hardened Speculoos spread. Cover with more of the mix so the mould is filled up to 3/4 height (more or less).
- Finish off by baking for 20 minutes.
- Once the muffins have cooked through the middle, remove from the oven and let cool.