- 1 batch of puff pastry dough
- 2 aubergines
- 2 jars of dried tomatoes
- 1 block of Sainte-Maure de Touraine goat cheese (preferably semi-cured)
- Olive oil
- Cut 5 circles out of the puff pastry dough and then blind bake for 10 minutes at 200 °C.
- During this time cut the aubergines into approximately 1cm thick slices, then brown both sides in a frying pan with a bit of olive oil until the colour changes slightly.
- Drain the aubergines using kitchen roll. Drain the dried tomatoes and then spread them out.
- Place the dried tomatoes and aubergine slices alternately on the circles of dough – it’s okay if they overlap.
- Cut the Sainte-Maure cheese into 1cm thick slices then place them on the tartelettes, on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with a bit of thyme.
- Place under the oven grill until the cheese melts and turns brown (around 10 minutes).
- Serve as soon as they’re removed from the oven.