- 400g of black olives (with the stones removed)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 5 fillets of anchovies, in oil
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Peel and remove the seeds from the clove of garlic. In the bowl of an electric mixer, start by adding black olives, followed by the garlic. Next drain the capers and the anchovies, then add them to the mix. Add just a bit of lemon juice, then mix everything together.
- Progressively pour in the olive oil. The pâté should thicken bit by bit until it becomes quite thick; all told you should only need around 100ml of oil. Continue stirring everything together, keeping an eye on the texture inasmuch as possible.
- Have a quick taste of what you’ve prepared, then progressively add more lemon juice so as not to ruin the taste of the tapenade. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the black olive, caper and anchovy tapenade on small toasted slices of farmhouse bread.