- 1kg of fresh pork belly meat
- 300g of pork shoulder meat
- 6 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons of nuoc mam sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 stalks of lemongrass
- 1 clutch of fresh coriander
- Cut the pork into strips measuring 2 cm in width and 4 cm in length. Brown these strips in a pot over high heat for 5 minutes, frequently stirring until the strips are golden. Add the pepper and sprinkle the sugar on top, stirring well until colouring occurs.
- Next add the ginger and lemongrass, which should be cut into thin slices.
- Mix and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Make up with water to height, add the nuoc mam sauce and reduce heat to low. Cook for around 1 hour.
- Tips and advice for this caramel pork recipe: sprinkle fresh coriander just prior to serving alongside aromatic rice!