- Risotto rice
- 1 large carrot or 1.5 normal-sized ones
- White wine
- 50cl of water + 1 cube of stock
- 1/4 on an onion
- Cut the carrot(s) into small cubes.
- Finely mince the onions.
- In a pan melt a nob of butter and then cook the onions till golden (5-7 minutes). Now add the carrots in and mix well. Poor the white wine on top and let the carrots absorb the liquid. Add the rice and season.
- In a pot boil the water with the cube of stock, then pour this mix onto the carrot and rice mixture. Make up to height and then cover. Leave to stand for a bit, stirring from time to time, then repeat this operation until all of the stock has been used up.