- 500g of cherries
- 1 roll of pre-prepared shortcrust pastry
- 3 eggs
- 20cl liquid cream
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla-flavoured sugar
- 100g of powdered almonds
- Rinse the cherries then dry them off. Split them with a small, sharp knife to remove the stones. Preheat the oven to 210 °C (gas mark 6-7). Spread out the shortcrust pastry dough over a 22cm diameter pie dish, then place the cherries on top and cook for around 10 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs into an omelette-like consistency in a salad bowl then add the caster sugar and vanilla-flavoured sugar. Once the mix whitens, add the powdered almonds and liquid cream.
- Remove the pie from the oven and pour the egg and powdered almond mix on top of the cherries. Place the pie back in the oven and cook for a further 20-25 minutes. Once done remove the pie from the dish and serve cold.