- 100g of baking chocolate
- 120g of icing sugar
- 60g of powdered almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 pat of butter
- 1 pinch of salt
For the garnishing:
- 50g of softened butter
- 60g of cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4).
- Break the baking chocolate into bits, then melt them over low heat.
- Mix 80g of icing sugar with the powdered almonds. Add the melted chocolate and mix.
- Whisk the egg whites with the salt, then add the rest of the sugar, whisking constantly until the mixture becomes smooth and shiny. Add the egg/salt/sugar mix to the chocolate mix (this should have a coarse, sandy texture).
- Using a teaspoon places small piles of batter on the baking tray, which should be covered with a baking sheet greased with butter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the macaroons then let them cool on a rack.
- Next prepare the buttercream: work the butter and cocoa powder in a bowl until you get an even texture.
- Place the macaroons one on top of the other with the buttercream in the middle.