- 1.5 large onions
- 1 egg yolk mixed with one teaspoon of water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100g of grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 roll of puff pastry dough
- 2 slices of cooked ham
- 1 pork filet mignon
- Mince the onions then brown them in butter in a pan.
- Remove them from heat then brown the meat on both sides, cooking it for 10 minutes over low heat, then adding the onions and garlic and cooking this mix for a further 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Set aside for now.
- Unroll the puff pastry dough. First place the ham and Gruyère cheese on it.
- Next cover the ham and cheese with the onions.
- Now add the filet mignon.
- Close the dough using water. Using a kitchen brush baste the dough with the egg yolk/water mixture.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes at 200 °C.