- 2-3 baby courgettes (preferably white)
- 100g of a creamy cheese (feta, Laughing Cow or any other, based on our own personal taste)
- Olive oil for cooking
For the walnut sauce:
- 40g of walnut kernels
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons of light vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- Wash and peel the courgettes. Cut these into long strips, then place them in a colander and sprinkle them with salt. Let them soak for 30 minutes, then drain well.
- Grill the courgette strips on the barbecue, basting them in olive oil. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- Cut the cheese into strips (if you’re using a large block of Laughing Cow-style cheese then cut this in 3). Place a strip of cheese in the middle of each slice of grilled courgette.
- Wrap the courgette strips around themselves so they form stuffed cheese bites, then arrange on a serving plate.
- For the walnut sauce crush the garlic together with the salt, add the nuts, mix everything together then dilute with the vinegar.
- Serve cold, drizzling the walnut sauce over the courgette rolls or serving with a pot of Greek-style yoghurt.