- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 1 small aubergine
- 2 courgettes
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) of diced fresh basil
- Ground pepper (to taste)
For the marinade
- 60ml (1/4 of a cup) of olive oil
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) of diced fresh thyme
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) of lemon zest
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) of diced garlic
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) of fennel seeds
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) of diced fresh rosemary
- Espelette pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high.
- Quarter the peppers, onion and fennel. Cut the aubergine into strips and halve the courgettes down the middle so they retain their length.
- In a salad bowl mix the ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the vegetables to the salad bowel, then stir. Drain the vegetables off, taking care not to waste any marinade.
- With the barbecue now hot and properly greased, place the fennel on it and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now place the rest of the vegetables on the barbecue and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- When serving place the vegetables on a serving plate and coat with the marinade. Sprinkle basel and freshly ground pepper on top.