Ingredients (makes 6 burgers)
- Burger buns
- 6 ground beef steak burgers
- 1 red onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 graffiti aubergine
- ½ clove of garlic
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon of French-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Curly leaf parsley
Preparing the avocado sauce:
- Peel the avocado, scrape out the fleshy bit and then mash it in a small bowl using a fork.
- Mix well with one tablespoon of sherry vinegar and a drop of olive oil.
- Add the salt and pepper as well as a pinch of nutmeg, then leave this to stand.
Preparing the grilled aubergine:
- Wash and cut the aubergine into thin slices, leaving the skin on.
- Crush and mix the half clove of garlic with a drop of olive oil.
- Using a cooking brush baste the aubergine slices with the flavoured oil.
- Place the aubergine slices in a frying pan over high and without using anything to grease the pan.
- Cook for around 5 minutes on one side for each side.
- Once sautéed leave the slices in the frying pan.
Preparing the burgers
- Place a drop of oil into hot frying pan.
- Add salt and pepper to the burgers, then cook each side to taste. Once cooked and done, remove from heat.
- Assembling the burger
- Cut the burger bun in two.
- Cut around 12 tomato slices.
- Cut the red onion into fine rings.
- Place two aubergine slices on the bottom bun.
- Spread a good tablespoonful of the avocado sauce over and around the aubergine.
- Add the sautéed steak burger, two slices of tomato and red onion rings to taste.
- Apply another fine spread of the avocado sauce and add the top part of the bun. You’re all done and it’s ready to serve!