- 1 slice of hardened farmhouse bread (around 300g)
- 6 lovely-looking red tomatoes
- 10 baby or orange cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small onion (red or white)
- 5 leaves of basil
- 12 black olives
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- If the bread is too dry to be cut, fill a salad bowl with cold water and soak the bread for 5 minutes. Then cut it into cubes.
- Wash and quarter the normal-sized tomatoes. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- If the skin of the cucumber is too thick then peel it, otherwise just wash it.
- Cut the cucumber into chunks.
- Peel and cut the red onion into thin slices or dice it.
- Place the cubes of bread in a salad bowl, then add the oil and vinegar.
- Add the sliced vegetables, the olives and the chopped basil leaves. Add just a pinch of salt.
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve.