- 300g of fresh pineapple pulp
- 1 lime
- 12cl of dark rum
- 1 star fruit
For the syrup:
- 80g of sugar (or sweetener)
- 20cl of water
- Mix the pineapple pulp and dark rum together.
- Now prepare the syrup: bring the water (with the sugar) to a boil. Let it simmer for 2 minutes then remove from heat. Add the syrup made and the lime juice to the rum and pineapple mix. Pour all of this into a large (preferably stainless steel) dish then freeze in the freezer.
- After 30 minutes remove from the freezer, crush the ice crystals which have formed, then place the dish back in the freezer. Repeat this two or however many times it takes until you’ve got a dishful of crushed pineapple rum ice.
- Serve this granita in desert glasses with small star fruit.