Ingredients, serves 5
- 2 batches of puff pastry dough
- Gruyère cheese
- Egg yolks
- Preheat the oven 200 °C.
- Spread the pesto over the first puff pastry dough. Sprinkle with a bit of grated Gruyère cheese.
- Place the second puff pastry dough on top of this filling.
- Next use a cup or mug to press down on the dough so you’ll know where to cut around.
- Using scissors cut the excess dough into 2cm long strips, then twist them and place them on waxed paper.
- Remove the cup or mug.
- Use the egg yolk to baste the top of the pastry.
- Bake for around 20 minutes (use the fan setting) at 200 °C.
- Best served warm!