- 3 red peppers (which should be large and quite thick)
- 2 onions
- 1 branch of thyme
- 50g of butter
- 4 spoonfuls of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Cut the peppers into four, remove the seeds and white parts, then cut them into fine strips.
- Peel the onions, then mince them.
- Brown the onions in butter in a pan until they become transparent.
- Next add the pepper strips, the olive oil and the branch of thyme.
- Cook for around 10 minutes or so.
- Once this is done remove the branch of thyme and add the teaspoon of sugar, salt and pepper to taste, then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir everything well then pour it in the blender and blend so the soup is fine and silky.
- Serve at room temperature (or, if it’s summertime, serve cold!).