Ingredients, serves 4
- 6 figs
- 4 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 25g of butter
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Rinse the figs off and then quarter each one. Heat the pine nuts in butter in a frying pan until they’re golden.
- Now place the figs in the pan skin side up and roast them for 5 minutes, occasionally splashing them with butter and the jus produced.
- Next sprinkle them with sugar, then let caramelise over 2 minutes. Splash with balsamic vinegar away from the heat.
- Serve the figs warm in their own sauce with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.