- 12 large scallops
- 2 unwaxed lemons
- 4 quite long branches of rosemary
- 6 cl of extra virgin olive oil
- Fleur de sel
- Black pepper
- Pluck the leaves off the branches of rosemary, then set aside the bare branches – we’ll use these later. Make sure you make a small, separate pile of rosemary leaves as well.
- Finely chop the rosemary leaves.
- Cut off several fairly large peels of lemon rind with a peeling knife – 8 in total.
- Thread the scallops with the rosemary branches, placing one lemon zest between each scallop.
- Place the skewers on a tray which is suitable for oven use.
- Mix the olive oil, rosemary leaves and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice together.
- Pour this mix onto the skewers and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 210 °C and bake for 6-7 minutes or place under the oven grill for the same amount of time.
- Once finished lavishly apply the rosemary oil to the whole of the skewer.
- Lightly dust with fleur de sel and black pepper just prior to serving. Be careful as the plates will still be hot from being in the oven.