- 1kg of skinless salmon fillets
- 16 very finely sliced smoked bacon rashers
- 1kg of courgettes (not too large in size)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 10 prigs of chives
- 10 cl of olive oil
- Ground pepper
- Preparing the salmon and bacon bites
- Finely chop the parsley and chives. Mix well.
- Cut each smoked bacon rasher into two.
- Cut the salmon fillets into cubes measuring 2 cm in length – in the end you should have 32 cubes at the very least. Dust the salmon with the parsley and chive mix.
- Next we’ll wrap each salmon cube with a half rasher of the smoked bacon – we’re aiming for a total of 8 bites made up of 4 salmon cubes each.
Preparing the courgettes:
- Firstly wash and dry the courgettes, then cut them into 1cm thick rings.
- In a well heated pan sauté the courgette slices in olive oil until golden. Stir and toss well. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Next leave the rings to simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Peel and chop the clove of garlic, adding it to the remaining parsley and chives. Leave this seasoning mix for later, for when it’s time to serve the dish.
Baking the salmon bites:
- Barbecue the bacon and salmon bites, turning them over every 8-10 minutes or so.
- Serve the bites with the sautéed courgettes, dusting them with the finely chopped garlic, parsley and chives mix.