- 4 medium-sized eggs
- 250g of flour
- 150g of butter
- 170g of Comté cheese
- 140g of drained dried tomatoes
- 10cl of a dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons of French-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease the moulds you’ll be using for the mini-cakes with butter.
- Drain the dried tomatoes, then cut them in half.
- Melt the butter in a pot or pan over low heat or in the microwave (max 500w).
- Grate the Comté cheese into large chunks.
- Break the eggs into a salad bowl and then whisk them for several minutes along with the teaspoon of sugar. Add a bit of salt, then the melted butter, the white wine and the mustard. Mix well. Next add the flour and then the dried tomatoes, the Comté and one grind’s worth or ground black pepper.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 180 °C.
- To make sure your mini-cakes have cooked through the middle you can always poke them with a toothpick – if it comes out dry they’re done!
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes, then demould and serve!