- 2 whole salmon trout
- 1 spoonful of fat (to grease the pan)
- 25cl of cream
- 1 good handful of roasted flaked almonds
- 1 drop of almond extract (optional)
- Heat up the fat (or substitute) to grease the pan and cook the trout on both sides over medium heat (15-20 minutes based on the size of the fish and how well done you want them). Add salt and pepper whilst cooking. Remove the trout from the frying pan.
- Next pour the cream into the frying pan while it’s still hot. Season and leave to thicken for 2 minutes. Add 1 drop of almond extract if you like the taste, then place the roasted almonds in a bowl to serve.
- Lastly you’ll need to debone the fish prior to serving, or serve them whole where each person can serve him/herself.