Ingredients, serves 4
- 200g of couscous
- 150g of tinned chickpeas
- 6 carrots
- 4 potatoes
- 2 courgettes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 20g of butter
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- 1 teaspoon of ras el hanout spice mix
- Peel the carrots and the onion. Cut the carrots into sticks and the courgettes into slices. Finely mince the onion.
- Core the pepper then cut it into strips. Peel the potatoes and then quarter them.
- Soften the onions up by frying them in olive oil in a pot. Next add the pepper, courgette, potato and carrot slices.
- Stir for 5 minutes over medium heat. Now season with the salt and ras el hanout. Add water up to the level of the mix and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain the chickpeas then add them along with the raisins, then continue simmering for 5 minutes. You can make the couscous grains fluffier by adding 1.5 times their volume in water. Stir in the butter, which should be cut into slices.
- Serve the couscous whilst the grains are still warm.